Monday, June 10, 2013

Æ ska heim.

 A pair of Holy Riders :]

In the past few weeks, people have asked me "are you looking forward to going home?" and I have found myself answering "yes" to each of their inquiries. As many of you returned missionaries know, the end of a mission is a time of extremely mixed feelings - and indeed it is. However, to answer everyone once and for all, I will say that I loved my life before the mission. I love my mission now more than I could have possibly comprehended then. And I figure if things keep going like they are, life is just going to continue in its simply awesomely splendid course. No fears, no regrets, just sheer joy. I'm going to miss this place more than I can now imagine, I'm sure. Norway will always be my home, my country, my crucible, my paradise.
Others have asked me "have you changed a lot?" At the beginning of my mission, it seemed as though every transfer was a huge shift in my self, my habits and my ways of life. That was then . . . and now I honestly can't remember who I was before the mission. So I figure this will be an adventure of self-discovery upon returning home. Who was I before? Who am I now? Who do I want to be one year from now? The possibilities and potential available before me just makes me giddy thinking about it.
I apologize that I don't have more time to relate the experiences I've had the past two weeks. They have been filled with referrals (Yes. In Norway.), appointments, and a "treasure map" for bonking doors provided by one of our most awesome members here in the branch. We've been flying. However, I feel that that is the best way to finish. I only have a few precious hours left; I might as well use it wisely. Heck, I can send emails back at home all I want, right? :)

Elder Burt from Stavanger held some rockin'
 splits with me in Haugesund :)
This mission means the world to me. This mission was the hardest two years of my life. This mission was the most rewarding two years of my life. It is impossible to describe the trials, challenges, moments of uttermost agony, joys, successes and moments of ecstatic bliss experienced while on a mission; though I have tried very hard to describe them, appropriately, in my emails. Luckily, for you all, you've seen most of the joys in brilliant detail. The challenges and difficult times, I've purposely removed for many different reasons. Know above all that a mission is worth every effort. One of the greatest reasons why, is due to the testimony I have
                                                                                                           received through it all.

Words cannot express the testimony I have within myself, for a testimony is built upon more than just questions, more than just a few solved doubts, and more than a feeling. My testimony is best expressed in my diligence and faith in obedience to my God's will. Since I am limited to only words here, I will try my best to describe my personal testimony.

I know that Christ is my Savior. He suffered and died for me personally. I believe that if any one of us was the only creature on earth, He would still have given His life for you and me. I know this because I have prayed for release from seemingly inescapable challenges. And I have been freed. A new light and balance in my spiritual, physical and social habits have been established because He provided it for me - a release, and fresh clean slate to begin anew.

I know that my Heavenly Father lives because when I pray to Him, I get answers and feelings in return that I know for certain do not originate from myself. From this communication, I sometimes laugh, and sometimes I cry. The breadth and depth of despair open before me, then the cry for help extended, and the sublime remission of weaknesses and mistakes washes over me. Challenges seemingly unimaginably defeatable 7, 5, 3 and 2 years ago are now daily, matter-of-fact ways of life. This is only due to a concerned, aware Father in Heaven imparting celestial communication to my soul because I ask, thirst, hunger and desire it so strongly.

My testimony regarding the commandments is simple. After a simple course of experimentation, the commandments clearly identify themselves as to why they are given to us. Self-development and progression are a huge part of my testimony. We are here on earth to develop ourselves, through obedience, to become the beings God designed us to become.
The Prophet Joseph Smith was the greatest blood of the 19th century. The Spirit confirms to me the truthfulness of his calling as the prophet of the restoration every time I bear witness of him.
The Book of Mormon is true. It works. Apply the principles within that book and watch your life bloom in spiritual splendor. Ask questions, and answers come to you as you read that book.
Through these restored truths, we have knowledge regarding our life before, during and after this life. The Holy Ghost bears witness of the Plan of Salvation so strongly, I simply cannot deny it.
I rejoice alongside Ammon: "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. . . . Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. . . . Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land." - Alma 26:12,16,36

I am and always shall be eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father that I received the sacred privilege to be a part of His work.

This is God's work and His glory to bring to pass our immortality and eternal life.
In the name of our Lord, Redeemer and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

-Eldste Bryce Thomas Johnson

P.S. You are all invited to come to church with me! 11 am on 30. June 2013 at 29657 N General Kearny Rd. Temecula, CA 92591

P.P.S. Snip snap snute - dette eventyret er UTE!
Marilyn Monroe was born here in Haugesund. "Shield your eyes!!!"
Avaldnes church. Classic




.
Rawrr. Viking style


At the viking festival, they had diabolos :)


Dueling vikings!



Roast beast. MM!
Viking ship!

No comments: